KENNETH R. FOSTER, PH.D., P.BIOL.
Ken is an experienced regulatory specialist and environmental scientist with over 30 years of experience in government, consulting, industry, and university positions. Ken’s expertise includes:
- Development and execution of environmental monitoring programs including the Boreal Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship (MAPS) program, Oil Sands Bird Contact Monitoring Program (OSBCMP), monitoring wildlife colonization of reclaimed habitats and the WBEA Terrestrial Environmental Effects Monitoring program;
- Project management of multi-disciplinary teams for the preparation of environmental impact assessments for large resource development projects under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (Alberta), the Public Lands Act (Alberta), the Fisheries Act (Canada), and the Navigable Waters Protection Act (Canada);
- Preparation of regulatory guidelines, including Alberta’s Acid Deposition Management Framework, the Alberta ambient air quality guideline for ethylene, and the national reference level for hydrogen fluoride;
- Wildlife monitoring programs, including songbird point counts, amphibian call surveys, and mammal surveys in forest, prairie, parkland and tundra environments;
- Migration monitoring and productivity/survivorship studies of Neotropical bird species in Alberta and Costa Rica; and
- Lecturer on environmental assessment regulation and requirements in the Extension Faculty at the University of Alberta.
To all projects, Ken brings a focus on meeting regulatory policy requirements using scientific principles and knowledge.
OWL MOON ENVIRONMENTAL INC.
324 Killdeer Way, Fort McMurray, AB T9K 0R3